Spicy Olive Pasta

Psst! I’m visiting over at Mandyland today – come read about the crash course I took in child rearing!

Also, I’m in the hot seat at Four Plus An Angel this week, which means you get to ask me any little old question you want and my answers will be posted next week.  So go ahead, drop by and ask me anything.  I can take it.

You know what I love most about blogging? The sharing.  The sharing of ideas and thoughts and pieces of ourselves with others who we would not otherwise have the opportunity to know.

I love sharing me with you, and I especially love you sharing yourselves with me.

So let’s all share, shall we? Let’s get our comfy lounging clothes on and sit around in a circle and paint our nails and tell secrets about ourselves.

I’ll go first.  You ready?

Here goes (deep breath): I love pasta.  In fact, I’m sorta addicted.  I’ll eat it in any shape or form.  There have been times in my life when I’ve eaten it twice a day.  I just love it.

Wait.  What’s that? Oh.  You already knew that, huh? Well, I’ll work on another secret and be sure to share it with you as soon as I come up with it.

Let’s talk about this pasta dish I just whipped up, shall we?

I had these olives just lolling around in my pantry.  And some pasta (when don’t I?).  And other stuff.  And I was hungry.  So I got to work.  And then I got to work eating the results of my work.  And it was good.

Just a little pinch of red pepper flakes makes a great big impact when they’re simmered with the pasta while it finishes cooking.  Combine that with lots of yummy garlic, olive oil and butter…well, how can you lose? You can’t.  You really can’t.

Oh.  And lots of cheese doesn’t hurt, either.  But then I love cheese almost as much as I love pasta.

Almost.

What’s YOUR favorite pasta recipe?

Sharing with 33 Shades of Green, Designs by Gollum, Simply Sweet Home & Tidy Mom – come see what everyone else has to offer this week!

I wish I could just look in my pantry and throw together a delish meal like this. *sigh*..maybe if I read your blog long enough I’ll be able to.

I confess to also adoring pasta. I could eat it everyday. And for that reason, I love the variation when it’s cheese and olive oil vs. marinara on it.

I’m eating leftover pasta as I type. My secret? I eat things sometimes for the condiments. Pasta is the best way to consume grated Parmesan cheese. Just like fries are the best conduit for ketchup.

Now, I’m enjoying a Caesar salad with Kalamata olives… your recipe had me craving olives!

I am also a lover of pasta. It was something that I stopped eating for years because of some sort of crazy carb fearing period. It got reintroduced when I was pregnant and I never looked back.

This sounds fantastic! Love red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese together. I’m a pasta addict, too!

I like olives and I like pasta. Perfect combination for me. Looks great. I am following your blog now. Stop by and check our blog out sometime.

Pete

Can’t beat the combination of simple, savory flavors! Can’t name a favorite (I love pasta too much, like you) but I can say we had pasta tonight with slices of roasted sweet potatoes. We threw in some asparagus and spinach to break up the carb-fest. It was creamy and delicious. I just came across you site and can’t wait to try this recipe and many others. Thank you!

Hi Jen, I love the look of your blog. It is a beauty. I also like how you organized it.

To top it all off, I love this recipe and would be thrilled if tomorrow evening or Monday, you would link it up to My Meatless Mondays. Since, I know you a long time, I will admit that I want recipes, I am planning to make, on my blog so I will remember to make them.

Thanks.

Oh baybee! This is my kinda dish. I’d have it for dinner with red wine and candles. I wish I was Italian! Love the blog BTW- Kendra

[…] started cooking again in August after a long hiatus and this delicious Spicy Olive Pasta, recipe courtesy of Jen of The Misadventures of Mrs B, got me off to a great start. It’s still one of my favorite go-to […]