The “Baked” Brownie

Pinterest is the devil.*

There.  I said it.

I spend way too much time there, pinning recipe after recipe that I absolutely can’t live without making at least once.  Including the recipe for these brownies.

These decadent, super chocolate, sexy (yes, I said sexy), rich, fudgy brownies.

I read that they were the greatest brownies in the entire world when I found the recipe for Baked brownies at Brown Eyed Baker.  It was an extremely persuasive review, to say the least.

And when Oprah declares something one of her favorite things? It’s no joke.

What choice did I have but to bake them myself? None.  No choice at all.

And in case you were wondering – yes.  My arm still hurts from being twisted so hard.  But I knew that you, my beautiful friends, would benefit from my sharing this recipe with you.

The things I do for you people…

Melt the butter, chocolate and espresso (or, in my case, coffee) in a double boiler, or a large bowl set over simmering water.

Try not to dive in face-first.  If I can fight the urge, so can you.

Mix in the sugars and salt.

Remove the bowl from the heat, make sure the chocolate is around room temperature, and add the eggs and vanilla.  Important: Don’t over-beat the eggs into the chocolate or you’ll go from fudgy brownies to cakey brownies.

Pour the dry ingredients on top and gently fold them in.

Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment or foil.  I used two sheets and laid them in different directions and sprayed them.  Once the brownies are finished, use the foil to remove them from the pan.

Let ‘em cool and cut ‘em.  And you end up with…this.

Yeah.  That just happened.

And now I want it to happen again.  Like, right now.

Sharing with Mangoes and Chutney, EKat’s Kitchen, Mom Trends, Alli N Son, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Bizzy Bakes, Creation Corner, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, Simply Sweet Home, Designs by Gollum, Sugar Bananas, Delightfully Dowling, A Southern Fairytale,  Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Skip To My Lou, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Keeping It Simple, This Chick Cooks, The Lady Behind The Curtain, The King’s Court IV, Passionately Artistic, Pinch of This, That and the Other, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil’ Luna, Blue Cricket Design, Sugar and Dots, My Girlish Whims, Hugs and Cookies, What Allie’s Making Now, A Glimpse Inside, Something Swanky, The 36th Avenue, Momnivore’s Dilemma, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, A Creative Princess, Delightful Order, It’s A Keeper, Frugalicious Me, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, All The Small Stuff, 33 Shades of Green, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Jam Hands, Chef In Training, Blessed With Grace, Sugar Bee Crafts, All Thingz Related, Tip Junkie, Nap Time Creations, The Blackberry Vine, Dr. Laura’s Adventures, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Crazy for CrustFor The Love of BlogsIt’s a Blog PartyNothing But CountryFunky Polkadot GiraffePermanent PosiesThe Kurtz Corner, Sweetology, From Mess Hall to Bistro, Not Just a Housewife, Not Just a Housewife, At Home With Haley, Southern Lovely

*Also sharing with Dutch Being Me as part of the Pinterest Challenge! Are you a fan of Pinterest? Do you like to try the projects you find there? Why not post about your efforts and link up with Julie?

I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one addicted to Pinterest. And chocolate. And brownies. Thanks for finding me and following me on twitter. I look forward to reading more of your delicious posts!

Pinterest is seriously one of the greatest things ever, all kidding aside. No need to endlessly bookmark things. Just pin ‘em. Brilliant!

Wow, what a creation. I think I gained 5 lbs looking at this recipe. The mr. is a total chocoholic and would love these. Thanks so much for sharing this special treat on Friday Food at Momtrends.

Thank YOU for coming over! And yes, it’s very easy to gain weight when you’re anywhere around these bad boys. For sure. ;)

I stopped by quickly before bed last night and I’m back again to save the recipe because I was dreaming of these brownies! mmm! Just LOOK at that crusty top! Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week.

I can’t wait to try these.

Sarah

Oh my. I thought I could just happily browse through here and not be tempted to bake anything. Boy, was I wrong! Thanks for posting this fabulous recipe. I don’t think I’ll have to try too hard to find a reason to make them ;).

Ha! Yeah, I think you’ll be able to find a reason if you think about it for a minute…or less. ;)

Those look AMAZING. It’s too bad my kiddo has a birthday and I’m already baking three times this week because if I wasn’t, I would be.

If that makes sense.

UM, I think I might love you! These brownies look stunning. I just checked and I can’t believe that I wasn’t your follower before — remedied and I am now! Thanks for bringing to Friday Potluck. :)

Thanks for following! :) Yes, they are stunning. It broke my heart to leave so many behind at the barbecue I made them for. I should have left most at home and taken, oh, a half dozen or so with us. ;)

Had a great time checking out your blog. Can’t wait to try some of your other recipes. Pintrest really is evil!

I am on the hunt for the perfect brownie recipe. I tried “the baked brownie” and found it a little too dense and sugary.

I am just curious what others thought of them. Don’t get me wrong…EXCELLENT brownies. I recommend trying them out. But not my ultimate brownie recipe yet.

What do you think?

Interesting! Maybe I did overbeat a bit and found a balance between fudgy and cakey. It suited me quite well, actually. I guess to each their own! Honestly, my husband feels that a brownie recipe I threw together one night when I was bored was a little better than these! ;)

“Rich” is definitely a word for them! Delicious! I’m so glad Pinterest brought us together! ;)

Yes, if a food can be sexy, these brownies are the goddess of sexy. They look incredibly delicious. My teenage girls are bakers. Let’s see which one of them I can convince to make these.

I agree, they’re the goddess of all things good and sexy. I hope you manage to convince one of the girls because they’re so worth it.

YUM.

Although I actually like cake brownies better, so I think I’ll overbeat the eggs.

Am staying away from Pinterest, because ohmygod, what else am I going to fail at?

This made me LOL for reals. I think I sorta overbeat them juuuuust a smidgen, but I loved the way they turned out. They were kind of a perfect balance of cakey and fudgy. And let’s be honest, once they’re all chewed up in my mouth and smeared all over my face, it really doesn’t matter. ;)

I have the second Bake book, not the first so I really appreciate the recipe. I think, I am going to make this for the weekend. Thanks so much.

I just tried another brownie recipe from The Brown Eyed baker, peanut butter crunch cup brownies…amazing! It’s basically topping a 9 x 13 pan of chewy brownies (from a box mix) with chopped up Reeses & peanuts, then pouring a mixture of melted chcocolate chips, peanut butter & rice crispies over the top. Imagine all the possibilities! We’ll be baking for days!

Oh.my.word. I need to look that recipe up, asap! I think I just had a joy-induced heart attack reading this! ;)

These look so yummy! I have heard that coffee helps to bring out the chocolate flavor. Your picture is gorgeous and I wish I could grab one of these right off the screen! :)

Thank you – what a nice compliment! Yes, coffee definitely enhances the chocolate flavor.

I came across your blog on The 36th Avenue and I love your post! I’m a Pinterest addict too…it’s soooo addictive…but FUN!

I’m so glad I found your blog…I’m a new follower!

I would love it if you would drop by Jane Deere and link up to Fusion Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy projects, tips & tricks, and how to’s! { open through Wednesday! }

Thank you for the invite! I’m sorry I missed last week (though I know it’s still open) – I’ll link up this week! :)

you’re absolutely right – pinterest is the devil! love it though. i have to limit myself to just a few minutes a week or i’m done! plus…it’s super fun to find out which of your things have been pinned.

i have to take a dessert to a ladies function tomorrow night and guess what i’ll be bringing? thanks :-) visiting from the frugalicious me link party.

Did you take them? I hope that if you did, it went over well!

I, too, need to start limiting my time spent there. It’s so fun though!

Oh, yeah…these are heavenly!!! I’ve made them…and your pictures have reminded me I need to make them again!!!

There can never be enough of these brownies in the world, I’m convinced – I’m glad to have reminded you of them! ;)

Ha! Yes, just looking at them is a problem. The worst part? They SMELL so good! Like, the scent of chocolate just radiates from them and calls to you. Evil, I swear.

Thank you for pinning! :) I swear, pinning is so much easier than bookmarking. And much more fun for everyone else! It’s genius.

I couldn’t agree more. I’m an addict. I like seeing your face over there from time to time though. And at least you actually bake it. lol. Hope you’re having a fab weekend with the hubs.

Ha! My “recipes to try” folder is going to burst, I swear – along with the seams in my pants! ;) Hope all is well, my friend!

Ha! Sometimes brownies can, indeed, invade my brain when it’s time for me to be sleeping. ;)

Hi Jen,
Now I am with you, I just have to make these brownies. When I saw the coffee in the ingredients and saw how moist they looks, girl thats it, I have to have them! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Personally, and in all seriousness, Pinterest is the most genius thing to come out any time lately. Bookmarking is one thing, but being able to just pin a picture is even easier. It’s a love/hate relationship, for sure. ;)

ok, this looks insane. not in a drag me off to the padded cell (unless I was to get these brownies as part of the deal) but insane in a oh yum, melt my mouth, put on my flannel fat pants kinda way.

Yes Pinterest is a time sucker.

Thx for linking up.

Oh yum! I’ve seen these before and been very tempted. I agree, Pinterest is the devil. I spend way to much time pinning things that will make me need to live in the gym. ;) Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

Yep, I am bookmarking this as well! You are amazing! I can’t believe how delicious these look! Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share! Can’t wait to see more from you!