Cheesy Olive Dip

A while back, I shared with you a Pioneer Woman recipe for olive cheese bread.  I remember telling you how much my dad loved that bread and how much he raved about it whenever I made it – which was pretty much every time he came over after that, since I knew he enjoyed it so much.  And I always gave him the leftovers to take home.

Recently I wanted to make something which would incorporate those same flavors, without actually preparing the bread.  A lightbulb went on in my head: Why not make a dip?

So using those basic ingredients, I came up with something savory and magical and, as long as I’m being honest, highly addictive.  Something which, were he still here, I think my dad would have loved.

I served it with my own homemade crostini, which was nothing more than thin slices of French bread which I lined up on a cookie sheet, brushed with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, then baked for 10 minutes or so at 350 degrees.  You may want to keep an eye on them to be sure you reach your desired level of crispiness – to each their own, after all.  ;)  Of course you could use pita chips, veggies, tortilla chips…let your imagination run wild!

What’s your favorite dip recipe?

Sharing with Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, A Southern Fairytale, Delightfully Dowling, CraftOManiac, It’s So Very Cheri, Add A Pinch, C.R.A.F.T., Sarahndipities, Everything Under The Moon, Home Savvy A to Z, Making The World Cuter, Mad In Crafts, The Southern Institute, Lines Across, The Girl Creative, Mrs. Happy Homemaker , Today’s Creative Blog, All The Small Stuff, Ladybug Blessings, Tip Junkie, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Giggles Glitz and Glam, I’m Topsy Turvy, Not Just a Housewife, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Sugar Bee Crafts, Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy, Raising 4 Princesses, Home Stories A 2 Z, Hope Studios, The Kurtz Corner, Chef in Training, Inside BruCrew Life, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, 33 Shades of Green, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Reasons to Skip The Housework, Trendy Treehouse, Sugar and Dots, Lady Behind the Curtain, This Chick Cooks, The Shady Porch, Southern Lovely, A Turtle’s Life for Me, Somewhat Simple, A Little Nosh, Bear Rabbit Bear, Delightful Order, A Creative Princess, Blissful and Domestic, Designs by Gollum, Tidy Mom, Simply Sweet Home, 504 Main

You’re so welcome – I think you’ll love it, I couldn’t keep my hands off it. :)

Your recipe sounds really good! I love spinach artichoke dip, but olives are up there on my list! I am visiting from Sits 31dbbb. Your welcome to link your recipe up in my link up! I look forward to looking around more & will follow along here & twitter & FB.

Hey – I love me some ranch dip. When I was in college and my friends and I worked at the same hotel & its restaurant, we would…”borrow” humongous packs of ranch mix because it was just the best ever. A little sour cream and voila! :)

OMG. I had completely forgotten we did that! Such fond memories! I’m making this for a Super Bowl party – a) because it sounds A-MAZ-ING, and b) because we were asked to coordinate our appetizers so that we “wouldn’t have 69 cheese dips”… and you know I can’t resist being a smart-ass. :o)

Yay! And clearly, you can’t resist. If you could resist I’d be worried about you.

Oh, memories. Remember our 11AM ice cream breaks? Good times.

Oh yum! Thanks for sharing this… it sounds great and not a typical combination I would thought to have done for a dip!

It’s definitely one of those “Hmmm what do I have in the fridge?” dips. But so addictive. :)

This sounds so good. Something I do that involves olives is:
chop olives
add softened cream cheese
put on pieces of celery sticks
and by gosh they are addicting!

Your recipe looks delish! Great job… Thanks for putting a “print this” button! I always appreciate those!
(I’m sure your Dad would have loved this and been very proud)

Rainey @ The Project Table

I love absolutely anything with olives in it and this definitely looks addictive. Artichoke dip is probably my all time favorite.

Wow!!! Love this dip, my husband is addicted to olives and cheese. thanks or the great recipe.

erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

I used to make my dad’s favorite foods when he’d come for dinner and I can totally relate to wanting to keep that memory alive in some way.

Love olives and cream cheese together, but I’ve never thought about using it as a dip. (I like that you used both, too) Sounds even better with the addition of the mozz and garlic. And the bread… don’t even get me started! LOL

Newly following from Foodie Friday. Thanks for the recipe. I’ll be giving it a try this weekend!

Yum! I’ve put this on my list for this week to go with crackers while at work. I have all the ingredients except for cream cheese, so I’m almost good to go! Thanks