Butter Dip Biscuits

If I had a will, I’d have to leave a small part of my ill-gotten gains to one of my favorite food bloggers.

Her name is Brandie and she blogs at The Country Cook and she helped make these biscuits a reality and honestly, is there anything else I need to say?

Yes, I know I need to make up a will.  I’ll get around to it, Judgypants.

First I need to make and eat more biscuits.  This is how my priorities fall, people.

They’re probably the easiest things in the entire world.  The biscuits, I mean.  They don’t even need to be rolled or patted out and cut.

Microwave butter right in the baking pan.

Mix together the other ingredients just until they’re combined.  Be careful not to overwork the dough because much like with brownies, overworking leads to toughness and nobody likes a tough biscuit.

And this leads me to an important part of the recipe.  It calls for buttermilk, which is thicker than “sweet”, aka regular, milk.

Don’t have buttermilk? Easy substitution time! If this were a YouTube video, this is the part where I’d use some funky dance music and cut to a quick series of shots of me dancing.

Pour juuuust slightly less milk than you need, then add white vinegar until you make up the difference.  This shouldn’t be more than maybe a teaspoon or two.

Let it sit for a while and then voila! Curdly milk with lots of tang which reacts with the baking powder, thus leavening your biscuits.

It makes them fluffy, in other words.

If you don’t have vinegar either (which…why do you not have vinegar in your cabinet?), you can use regular old milk but you’ll need to use a bit less milk – maybe a cup and a half – or a bit more flour to make up the difference.

Back to making biscuits.

Spread the dough over the melted butter and cut it into squares before popping the pan into the oven.

I know.  It doesn’t even seem right.  But it is.

20 to 25 minutes pass, during which time you will do some intense cardio to burn off the calories you’ll soon be consuming.  Trust me.

And then you have biscuits, my friend.

It’s just that simple.

Somewhere, angels are weeping because they’re jealous over not being able to eat these little pillows of buttery goodness.  I’m serious.  I can hear them.

You know what these go perfectly with? Chicken bacon chowder.  Or beef stew.

Or preserves and a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.  Holy goodness gracious.

What is your favorite way to eat biscuits?

Sharing with these awesome blogs – stop by and check out the talent!

Oh my gosh, you don’t even know how amazing these biscuits are. I can’t do them justice with words.

i am literally DROOLING.
oh mah. gawd.
delish.

i may have to try these, soon.

dumb ?
do the squares lift out the way you cut them, or do you have to kind of re-cut them before trying to take them out of the pan?

p.s. my fave way to eat biscuits is with a killer real jar of strawberry preserves. yum-o.

First, I wish I had real preserves. I might need to get on that real soon.

Second, they sorta need to be…reminded?…a little bit how they need to lift out. But for the most part they’re pre-scored and they stay separate.

Me too. Can you imagine my disappointment when I got home and they had not been baked for me? Granted I neither suggested nor even mentioned them. My telepathy’s broken, I guess.

Don’t think I won’t remember about the will part either..lol. Of course, I’m gettin up in age so chances are I’ll knock off before you. Ok, so, I’ll leave you my cast iron collection. Fair enough? hee hee
So, so happy you liked these so much! I like to think these are biscuits are for people like me who are impatient bakers. And your pictures are AMAZING girl!! Lots of hugs to you my friend!

You are so sweet – thank you! And girl you know I’ll take that cast iron! :)

I will be making these this weekend and doubling it! And taking some of my homemade strawberry jam out of the freezer!

YUM! I’m going to have to definitely up my running time/distance after make these! I hope you come share them at my link party!

Thanks for the invite! And if there ever was a recipe that warranted extra exercise, it’s this – but oh so worth it! ;)

These sound so good! I think we really miss out on all the biscuit fun by living in Chicago. They’re not big with biscuits here. I need some!

Not so much with the biscuits here in South Jersey, either. Let’s create a biscuit movement! We’ll bring it back! :)

They really are, and so moist. Lord I need to learn to stop posting about food that’s already been eaten up.

Um.. Could you please pass me a napkin? I have a little something on my chin. and my laptop. …ehrrr and my lap. O.M.G. I HAVE to make these for Easter brunch. hmm? Oh… no no no no. I won’t be waiting THAT long. I’ll have already made them like, um, 17 times before then. Like, right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you for posting these! :~)

This cracked me up! :) Just be warned: you’re gonna keep coming up with reasons to bake, and then eat, them. It’s a vicious cycle. :)

I swear I can smell their sweetness from here… YUM!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!!

These look delicious. If I make these my husband will want them every night. Thanks so much for sharing this at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Extremely delicious looking biscuits!
I love the texture – looks very fluffy, and I just looooooooooooove everything to do with butter!

Jen
Your biscuits looks so good, I could eat the whole pan. I’ll have to ride my bike longer, but it will be worth it;)

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and your sweet comment.

Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great Spring week end and come back to see me real soon!
Miz Helen

Hi, If I’m adding white vinegar to milk… how long does it take to curdle?

Thanks :)

I don’t know about angels (and it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever meet one) but I wept at these pictures. Dear Lord these look amazing and I’ll likely make them today. Thank you for the recipe and for being such a funny engaging writer!

It’s an 8×8 pan. I hope you make them and love them! They’d be SO good with gravy.

These were SO easy to make and beyond delicious! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I’ve been attempting to make homemade biscuits for a few months now and this is the first recipe that actually turned our perfect! I also only had about 1 cup of buttermilk and had to substitute the rest with skim milk and they still tasted heavenly!

I made these tonight and they turned out a bit chewy/ rubbery. Any tips? Maybe decrease or increase the baking powder? Or maybe I overmixed? Either way I will try these again:)!

I found these to be Waaaay too salty. That’s really all I could taste. I
Are you sure it’s 2 tsp of salt? I will try it again with 1/2tsp and let u know the outcome.

1 – These are ahhhhh-MAZING. I saw the post on pinterest, got up, made the biscuits. This was like, 30 min ago and I am eating my piping hot masterpiece right now.

2 – First ever attempt at making biscuits and I am a HUGE fan of your’s now!

3 – Seriously. Vinegar is a miracle ingredient.

Thank you! I have tried making biscuits for years with horrible results. Dry, tasteless, rubbery, hockey pucks, etc. I had given up on ever making a good biscuit. Thanks to you and this recipe, I now make GREAT biscuits that my family loves. My search for the perfect biscuit recipe is complete.

I baked these exactly as the recipe said and ended up with a soggy mess. I don’t know how else they could have come out with that much butter, mine were swimming in butter the whole time they were baking and were so soggy when done that we could not eat them and had to throw them out and bake some bisquick ones. I am very disappointed as I really wanted them to be good.

I just made these tonight they taste really good however I did have some butter that did not absorb but I just drained it off.

You are HILARIOUS!!! These look amazing, and I’m making them tonight just because you made it sound so easy to make (I hope they are) and you entertained me :D