Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

Friends, I promised you a long time ago that I’d share with you how to make what is (for reals) quite possibly the greatest cheesecake – nay, dessert – I have ever created.

I wouldn’t lie to you, would I? Nope.

And let’s not forget, healthy choices aren’t just about organic rabbit food.

Balance. Right? Right.

So let’s talk about Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, then. I feel like fanfare should blare whenever those words are typed together.

Picture it: August 2012. A certain blogger was about to approach a certain birthday and knew that not just any traditional birthday cake would do. Although Chocolate Truffle Cake is perfection and should never be kicked out of anyone’s party, ever.

Still, it was time for a change. So I (yeah yeah, we were talking about me, surprise!) found something at Tammy’s Recipes, thanks to Pinterest (which by the way I refuse to visit right now since I always become way too obsessed and wind up telling Rob that he has approximately 57 new things to do around the house and then I wonder why a recipe for crock pot chicken has, in fact, never “changed my life”. Is there something wrong with me?).

I fell in love with this beautiful cheesecake. However, I felt like it needed a bit of a shake-up.

I dig white chocolate. I dig chocolate in general. Still…I wanted something a little jazzier.

Then the heavens opened and the angels sang and a voice whispered two sweet words in my ear: Peanut butter

Done.

I have to tell you, I took a total stab at it and added a cup of peanut butter instead of the white chocolate as instructed and it worked tremendously well for my tastes and, as evidenced by the approval I received and the rate at which the cake disappeared, the tastes of everyone else who ate it.

Still, you may want to add more if you want a more intense peanut butter flavor. I can’t speak to how that would affect the texture of the cream cheese, though, so be warned.

Once the cake was baked and cooled, it was time to make the chocolate glaze.

Look.at.that. Just look at it. Take a minute and soak it in.

And in case you were wondering: Yes. It tastes as good as it looks.

In fact the general consensus was “It takes just like a peanut butter cup”. What else do you need to know?

Whether it’s for a birthday, anniversary or a Wednesday night, you need to make this cheesecake NOW. And feel free to invite me over to help you, um, get rid of it.

It’s the least I can do.

Sharing with these amazing bloggers.

you had me at peanut butter…I think that was a good choice over the white chocolate (I’m not a fan). I’m def going to try this – for my Super Bowl party!

Yeeeeah I’m on the fence with white chocolate. Lindt makes a white chocolate and coconut bar that I absolutely die over. Otherwise? Meh. I hope you DO try it and I hope you love it!!

Look delicious, but just one question. The instructions say to layer on peanut butter than chocolate, which appears to be the opposite from the photos. Was that an intentional variation? Does it make a difference? Thanks!

I kind of hate you right now. In a totally good way. My anniversary is next week – balance, right? I’m pinning this!

Seriously – it’s outstanding. My mom and husband both swear that it tasted even better the day after, when it had a lot more time to set up. Dude, whatever. It was good from the moment I licked the batter off the spoon.

Oh.My.Goodness.
That looks UH-MAZE-ING. I need to make this. Three days from now is…Wednesday, and that’s good enough reason, yes? ;)

Cheese cake is my favorite thing to eat. I could seriously live off of it, no lie. This one looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing.

that has basically all of my favorite things in the world all put together and topped with chocolate. so yum!

xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

{PS – I’m giving away a Fitness Notebook & would love for you to win!}

Just wrote something on the recipe for Buffalo chicken dip. OOPS! I just took this out of the oven. Hoping it didn’t cook to long since my 3 year old shut the oven door while it was cooling. Can’t wait to try it. It looks and sounds amazing!

This looks unreal and maybe a little over my head! Luckily I don’t have a springform pan so I won’t be tempted to make this anytime soon. Sigh-it really looks amazing tho. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my word! I am salivating! This looks delicious, so of course I’m going to have to pin this for later!
Thanks for sharing :-)
Stopping by from One Artsy Mama’s link up party

Hi Jen,
What an elegant Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, it looks fabulous! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

[…] Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake from The Misadventures of Mrs. B. | Crab & Chipotle Aioli Deviled Eggs from Steak-n-Potatoes Kinda Gurl | Chili Cheese Dip from Love Grows Wild | Brownie Pudding from The Chirping Moms | Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins from The Happier Homemaker […]

oh good lord that looks delicious … and if it came from Tammy, I know it’s all that and more (her recipes are always spot on … not sure what thats all about!) … I’ve pinned … for future reference, like in about 3 days …

I truly love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you make this
site yourself? Please reply back as I’m looking to create my own blog and
would love to know where you got this from or what
the theme is named. Many thanks!

Also visit my web site: total conquest hack

They will come up with some story about a disagreement
with them, or not bother to tell you they had not paid the last batch.
It is extremely important because tax instances could be incredibly severe issues once they include leading businesses as well as companies that cope with huge
amounts of economic expense. The service will allow you to make sure everyone you live near is
who you think they are.

One inappropriate choice of tattoo design will likely give you disappointment and be the
cause of your regret in the end up to a lifetime.

Have a look at my homepage: urban ink, Wilbur,

As the sweat evaporates, it creates a cooling effect.

Most bargain ceiling fans use under-powered motors and have blades with
very little pitch (angle) to them. That is why it is necessary that you take this into
consideration when choosing a ceiling fan.

Internal control necessitates that balancing and
reconciliation procedures are finished daily in order that all
monies received are handled and recorded accurately.
They share their experiences among the students who would like to
build their carrier as security. The eligibility Criteria for Guard Card Course in USA-.

This is really interesting, You are an overly professional blogger.
I have joined your feed and sit up for looking for
extra of your wonderful post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this website,
and piece of writing is really fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting
such content.

I tend not to drop a ton of remarks, but I read a few of the comments
on Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake | Recipe for creamy homemade peanut butter cup cheesecake | The Misadventures of Mrs.

B. I do have a few questions for you if you tend not
to mind. Could it be simply me or does it appear like a few of these responses appear like they are left by brain dead
people? :-P And, if you are posting at other social sites, I would
like to keep up with you. Would you make a list of the complete urls of your shared sites like your Facebook page,
twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

my weblog carb backloading morning workout – Horacio,

Hey there I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Google for something
else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I
have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

You could certainly see your skills in the work you write. The world hopes
for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe.
All the time go after your heart.

Me chelae Manning

I made this exact recipe. Omg thank you for posting. It’s so easy and the results are amazing