Indian Butter Chicken

Can I just take a moment and share with you my happiness at the fact that my husband now likes Indian food? Well…Indian Lite, anyway.  But I’ll take it.

Ever since I bullied him into trying Chicken Tikka Masala for the first time, he’s been hooked.  Now he requests, nay, demands that I make it on a regular basis.  I am all too happy to comply.  I mean, it’s for the sake of our marriage.  Nothing’s too good for my honey.  Okay, now I’m even making myself gag.

Recently I remembered seeing a recipe on Tasty Kitchen whose name had me at hello.  Butter Chicken.

The word butter is in it.  Come on.

I found out that while the dish is not, in fact, butter heavy…it’s still no caloric picnic, due to the use of heavy cream.  Now, I’m the sort of gal who likes to stick as close as possible to the original recipe the first time I prepare something and make my own changes later on if the dish is, in fact, worth making again.  So I poured it all in there, shaking my head at my own gluttony the whole time.

All that cream and tomato sauce cooked down to a color reminiscent of sunset.  Sunset in Bliss Town.  Because ‘blissful’ is what this dish made me.

Note: It did not make me ‘skinny’.  I will be lightening this up in a big way the next time I make it, because even though each and every bite was a trip to Bliss Town, I still felt horrible for my poor arteries and thighs.

Even as I wished I had a straw to slurp the sauce through.

Do you think you could become good friends with this dish, as I certainly have?

Sharing with: Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop, It’s a Keeper, Simply Sweet Home, Designs by Gollum,  A Southern Fairytale, 33 Shades of Green & Balancing Beauty and Bedlam – stop by to see what everyone else is offering!

Please, girl, I’d love to see what you could do with this recipe. It’s sooooo good…

If I make a healthier version something tells me it would be all gobbled up before I could take a picture 😉

Oh yes, that dish and I could be friends! I think we already are! The picture is really nicely done too.

I am not an expert at Indian food but a friend eats at a local Indian restaurant every Wednesday. I join when I can and am just working my down the menu (creative, huh?) to try different things.

I haven’t found a dud yet!

Stopping by from Mama Kat’s.

My husband took one look at the pictures and said “I wanna eat that”. Uh, sorry, I just finished it for lunch 😉

You’re being methodical in your food choices – I like that! Still haven’t been to an Indian restaurant but heard there’s a good one in my area. We’ll see how daring we feel…

I’ve only had Indian food a couple times ever. And not for any real reason other than I don’t know of any good ones in our area.

Oh, and because I have 2 little divas who would turn their nose up so a meal like this is (currently) best left for dining out. 🙂

Understood 🙂 I always have to make something for FIL to eat because he pretty much gags when he looks at this. But it’s worth the extra effort!

My boys have recently been willing to try new and different things. We’ve been branching out with Asian flavors, but I’d love to try Indian next. This looks like the perfect recipe to try. Maybe I can eat a half portion to keep my calories in check?

Your Indian Butter Chicken is a beautiful presentation. Your recipe looks delicious and I am trying it very soon. Thank you so much for bringing it to FULL PLATE THURSDAY and please come back!

That looks insanely delicious! We LOVE Indian! Although, I typically stick with Chicken Tikka Masala 😉 So great to change things up. Your huz is a lucky man!

Thanks for the kind words over at Shell’s 🙂

Thanks Bonnie – I’m glad you’ve joined Foodie Friday, it’s such a terrific “party”, really.

omg jenn your photo’s are almost as delish as the dishes! i think i need to try and make this dish!!
and ps as i read your comment today i started singing “we’re all in this together” and now i can’t get that song or zac efron out of my head! lol… hope you have a great day.
*waving,
shelley 🙂

See, now I wouldn’t have even thought of that because (lucky me) I wasn’t subjected to that stuff very much. But now that you’ve mentioned it? Sheesh… 😉

I have never cooked much Indian food but this looks soooo good. I will probably have to make it “healthier” since my waistline and hips would hate me otherwise.

Anything with butter in the name HAS to be good! 🙂 I have never cooked indian food before, I may have to try my hand at this recipe!

[…] I have to admit I’ve only had Indian food once…and I think I was 12.   That was a very long time ago.  But I love the name of this recipe and, when I read it, I love the sound of this dish!  I”m definitely going to be making the Indian Butter Chicken @ The Misadventures of Mrs. B! […]

Hi, I’m your newest follower from It’s a Keeper Thursday blog hop! Your dish looks amazing, looking forward to following you! 🙂 Stop by if you have a chance!!