Creamy Chicken Bacon Chowder

Creamy Chicken Bacon Chowder

Friends, it’s not often that I eat something so good, I’m compelled to blog about it while the taste still lingers on my tongue and bits of it still linger on my clothing.

I haven’t actually looked down yet so I’m just assuming on that second part.

But back to the matter at hand. This soup.  The soup which compels me to write this post.

This glorious, thick, rich, hearty, soul-warming and life-affirming soup.

Second-best part? It’s a crock pot recipe.

Very best part? My husband created and prepared it himself.

Swoon away, ladies.

He looked around the internet to get down the logistics of creating a soup from scratch, then set about making it.  And on the first try, he hit it out of the park.

Imagine walking into your house at the end of a typically long and yucky Monday to find the aroma of bacon lingering in the air. Yeah. That was me.

Swoon, I say.

In all seriousness, this is a ridiculously good soup, and you should make it happen.

Roasting the chicken before putting it in the pot adds flavor – if you don’t have the time I’m sure you could skip that step.

I’m also sure you could lighten things up a bit, though I can’t imagine why you’d want to.  Okay, I can totally imagine why you’d want to.  Just not at the moment.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some soup to lick off my sweater. Um, I mean, to wash off my sweater.

Yeah.  That.

What’s your favorite soup recipe?

I’m sharing this post at these awesome blogs.  Come check them out!

Oh yeah. It’s the perfect soup. Bacon in a crockpot. I mean, seriously.

Oh my yum. I will be making this. We smoke 2 chickens about once a month, and we eat one for dinner and freeze the other in 2 cup portions, so I would just use that for the chicken. An industrious person could make their own cream soup if they wanted to be more “clean” about it. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, you definitely could make this a clean recipe – I’m sure you could easily get around the condensed soup. Great idea freezing the chicken, I should do that myself – especially since Rob finally discovered Sam’s Club recently and their excellent prices on bulk meats. 😉

Oh my… I think that this would be a soup that my soup hating husband would actually like! And…. I could sneak a couple of other veggies in it!

Definitely. I’m already thinking about how I want to alter this – even though it’s pretty perfect as it is, it could use some veggie love too.

This sounds so good. Ya know I love crock pot cookin. The only thing is I don’t have a blender.

You had me at Creamy Chicken Bacon Chowder…enough said! I so want my husband to make this for our family (he is definitely the better cook).

It’s amazing – and the smell throughout the house? Oh, forget it. Your nose will die of happiness, I promise. 😉

Nothing with bacon is ever bad! I made some baked potato soup in the crock pot the other week – and bacon would have been perfect for it (was trying to make it vegetarian, but I added chicken stock – so there blew that!). I’m going to try your recipe. You should come over to my blog today, we’re having a Crock Pot Recipe Blog hop – it would be great for you to share your yummy recipe! Here’s what I’m sharing this week: http://theharriedmom.com/?p=550

I hope you try it and that you love it as much as we do! 🙂 I’m going to come over right now, thank you for the invite.

Thanks! It’s so darn good – and I don’t often go for cream soups so you can trust me. 😉

It is scheduled to rain this weekend and I think this will be perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Holly Rafferty

I made this chowder, we’ve been snacking on it all day, it’s almost gone,tell your hubby, he made the best chowder!